Anti Ragging Cell
In conformity with Supreme Court judgements and directions, UGC guidelines and State Government Instuctions, RabindranathkurMahavidyala, bishalgargh is following ‘Zero-Tolerance Policy’ towards ragging. Any Students of this college accused and found guilty of ragging will be severely dealt with in accordance with the provisions of law.
- To prohibit ant conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- To address any ragging issues immediately and taken action as advised by the committee.
- To bring out an awareness among the students about the consequences of ragging.
Power and Functions: Anti ragging
- To uphold and comply with directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and be vigilant of any acts amounting to ragging.
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus.
According to the UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established byb Anti-Ragging squad, those found guilty may be awarded one or more of the following punishment, namely:
- Warning, writing apology letter.
- Suspension of from attending class.
- Debarring from appearing in internal Assessment.
- Withholding results
Conducting an awareness program consequences of ragging on every year on last week of September.