Rabindranath Thakur Mahavidyalaya has a Teachers’ Council with several Committees consisting of faculty members to coordinate academic and administrative matters. The Teachers’ Council is an integral part of the College in implementing the institutional activities. Teacher’s Council works hand in hand with the governing body of the College to shape up the vision and mission of this institution. The combination of experienced senior faculty members and dynamic young junior faculties brings innovative ideas and dynamism in the operation of this institute.
Teachers’ Council is formed every year at the beginning of an Academic Session. By virtue of the post Principal/Principal-in-charge is the Ex-officio President of the Council. The Council selects Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer as the Office Bearers. The Secretary of Teachers’ Council is the Ex-officio member of all the committees. The different other Committees of the Teachers’ Council are formed in the Annual General Meeting of the Council for smooth functioning of the curricular and co-curricular activities of the College. For each of the Committees, a Convener and few members are selected by the council members. The Teachers’ Council meeting presided by the Principal/Principal-in-charge is generally held on the first working day of every month.
The different Committees of the Teachers’ Council are as follows:
- Academic & Routine Committee: The Committee looks into the various academic issues of the College. The Committee prepares the annual Academic Calendar of the College. It helps the college authority to prepare Master Routine at the beginning of each semester and monitors that the classes are smoothly conducted throughout the session. The Committee also arranges various Awareness Programme, Educational Study Tour for enriching the knowledge of the students.
- Examination Committee: The Committee conducts Internal Assessment Tests of the College and also the Final Semester Examination as scheduled by Tripura University. The Committee prepares the duty chart of the teachers for smooth conduct of all the College and University Examination. The Committee also deals with the result discrepancies, if any.
- Admission Committee: The Committee looks after the general Admission Process of all the semesters and Registration of First Semester students. The committee takes care of different issues related to online as well as offline admission process and tries to solve diverse queries of the stakeholders related to admission and registration.
- Seminar/Research Committee: The Committee organises different Seminar, Workshop, Symposium and Conference. It also encourages and motivates the faculty members of the College to participate in different Faculty Development Programme and to submit Research Projects. Moreover, it facilitates the students to participate in Debate, Quiz and other competitions.
- Cultural Committee: The Committee organizes various social and cultural activities like Freshers’ Welcome, Foundation Day of the College, Birth Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore and other similar cultural activities. It also prepares and encourages the students for taking part in different competitions across the states.
- Planning and Development Committee: The Committee plays a significant role in overall developmental activities of the College. It helps the college authority to plan for infrastructural
development of the College. It also points out the defect infrastructural limitations, if any to the College authority and also does the needful for its correction.
- Library Committee: The Committee ensures proper maintenance of all library facilities and takes decision for the improvement of library services. It looks after overall welfare and improvement of the library and in consultation with the librarian ensures completion of the activities of the library smoothly and peacefully.
- Games and Sports Committee: The Committee organizes and manages various sports events and activities in the College and accompanies students in games and sports competitions organized by Tripura University and other institutions. The committee inspires the students for taking part in games and sports and helps the students for smoothly conducting the Annual Sports Day of the College. It also guides and grooms the students to take part in different State Competitions, all India Inter-University Sports, National and International Sports Competitions.
- Literary Committee: The Committee is responsible for literary activities in the College and also publication of the College Magazine, Banabithi. It prepares the students to take part in Debate Competitions organized by the college/inter-college/national level.
- College Beautification Committee: The Committee members are responsible for overall beautification of the College and do the needful to increase the beauty of the College as far as practicable and financially possible.
- College Discipline Committee: The Committee members are always engaged for maintenance of discipline in the College in all respects. They solve the problems of untoward incidences in the College to help the college authority for proper maintenance of discipline in the College. It tries to maintain peace and tranquillity in the College campus.
- E-Committee Committee: The Committee helps the authority of the College in all respect for electronic documentation of relevant works.
- Lower Purchase Committee: The Committee helps the College authority in purchasing materials up to an amount of Rs. 5.00 lakh only. The decision and advice of the Committee is therefore, very significant for smooth functioning and safeguarding the financial liabilities of the College authority.
- Store and Library Verification Committee: The Committee audits the store and library from time to time and advices the College authority regarding purchase and maintenance of various items in the store as well as books and journals in the library. It also submits the Audit Report and Action Taken Report to the College authority.
- Boys’ & Girls’ Common Room Committee: The Committee looks after the maintenance and well functioning of Boys’ and Girls’ Common Room. It takes care of different issues related to the Common Room and tries to solve those issues in consultation with the College authority.
It is to be noted that after completion of the period, the Convenor of all the Committees submits their Action Taken Report to the Secretary, Teachers’ Council.
Teachers Council 2022-23 (pdf)
Teachers Council 2021-22(pdf)
Teachers Council 2020-21(pdf)
RUSA Committee looks after the overall improvement and quality of the College by ensuring conformity to the prescribed norms and standards and adopts mandatory quality assurance framework. The Committee also tries to identify and fill critical infrastructural gaps in higher education. Moreover, the Committee monitors and evaluates the Fund Utilization of the College to achieve physical and financial targets against timelines given by the higher authority.
INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE (ICC)
As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court the College has established the Internal Complaint Committee for enforcement of basic human rights of gender equality and assurance of an environment free of sexual harassment and abuse. The objective of the ICC is to develop healthy and safe atmosphere for the faculty and students of the college and to prevent sexual harassment or exploitation of any kind. Policy measures and procedure are laid down to combat sexual harassment, if any arises, and the students are made aware of these protective measures through outreach programmes. The college’s Internal Complaint Committee addresses the grievance filed in a confidential and sensitive manner.
Roles of the Committee
If any student approaches a committee member either through the complaint box placed in the ground floor of Academic Building of the college, necessary action is taken through counseling and conciliatory methods. If it requires an inquiry, it will be conducted and the matter will be sorted within one week from the date of complaint.
Procedure upon filling of complaint.
- Meeting will be held if a complaint is received by any member.
- The written complaint is taken and the committee prepares and submit the detailed statement of the incidents within two days.
- An enquiry will be held with the members of ICC.
- The Complaint will be discussed and finalized within seven days.
- Counsel the affected students to overcome the trauma.
- Display current laws and affairs about sex.
- Conduct awareness programs for benefit of the students.
ANTI- RAGGING CELL
In conformity with Supreme Court judgements and directions, UGC guidelines and State Government Instuctions, RabindranathkurMahavidyala, bishalgargh is following ‘Zero-Tolerance Policy’ towards ragging. Any Students of this college accused and found guilty of ragging will be severely dealt with in accordance with the provisions of law.
- To prohibit ant conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- To address any ragging issues immediately and taken action as advised by the committee.
- To bring out an awareness among the students about the consequences of ragging.
Power and Functions: Anti ragging
- To uphold and comply with directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and be vigilant of any acts amounting to ragging.
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus.
According to the UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established byb Anti-Ragging squad, those found guilty may be awarded one or more of the following punishment, namely:
- Warning, writing apology letter.
- Suspension of from attending class.
- Debarring from appearing in internal Assessment.
- Withholding results
Conducting an awareness program consequences of ragging on every year on last week of September.
GRIEVANCE & REDRESSAL CELL
In pursuance of UGC (Grievance Redressal)Regulations , 2012 Rabindranath Thakur Mahavidyala has constituted GRIEVANCE & REDRESSAL CELL with the purpose to complaints of students relating to the college.
- To develop an organizational framework to resolve Grievances of Students.
- To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities to access benefits due underthe policies.
- To encouraging the students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly in writing form through Complaint Box.
The GRIEVANCE & REDRESSAL CELL deals with grievances received in writing from students about any of the following matters:
- Related to timely distribution of mark sheet, transfer certificate, stipend and other examination related matters
- Issue and return books, syllabus, university question papers
- Related to sanitations, misconduct by Staff and faculty.